JOEL CAGE is an award winning veteran singer/songwriter from Boston. Once a member of the internationally acclaimed rock & roll group Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes, Joel has been performing regionally and nationally as a soloist for the past 2 decades. He has performed at some of the most prestigious folk & acoustic venues & festivals in the country, including the Kerrville Folk Festival in Texas where he was awarded top prize in the Kerrville New Folk Competition.
Among Joel's other accolades are:
- Awarded the top prize in the the John Lennon Songwriting Contest
- Three times the winner of the USA Songwriter's Competition
- Multiple nominations for the Boston Music Awards
- Winner of the KRCL Songwriting Competition in Park City Utah
- Falcom Ridge Emerging Artist
- Song Of The Year in the ABET Songwriting Contest
. . . and there are others.
A virtuoso guitarist and an impassioned vocalist, Joel Cage's music is both evocative and raucous. He spans the gamut from sounding like a full rock band to 'hear your own heartbeat' intimacy.
Joel Cage is also a master interpreter of other people's music, spanning a wide field of musical genres, garnering him the oft used moniker "Acoustic Rock Song Stylist."
Joel Cage currently has 5 CDs in release, which are available
for purchase at performances and online at : www.joelcage.com.
Joel's most recent release, EPONYMOUS, was voted among the Top Ten CD Releases of 2013 by The Noise New England Music Magazine.
Bring your own refreshments